Beckenham Quiz Walk - Answers
1) What fell nearby on 2 July?
A V1 flying bomb (details on the information board)
2) How far is it to London
According to the old milestone 10¼ miles (X is Roman for 10, there are 8 furlongs in a mile)
3) What did Anthony Rawlins
provide in 1694?
Three almshouses for the poor of the parish
4) What name has been given to a
5) What tree features on a pub
An oak on the Oakhill Tavern
6) What number is on an old
7) When were Stanley Cottages
8) What tradesman worked at
The Blacksmith (at the Forge)
9) Where was the pillarbox made?
Abbot Engineering, Paisley
10) Which butterfly might you
expect to see?
Small tortoiseshell, according to the information board
11) Of which organisation was
John Evans chairman?
British Rheumatism & Arthritis Association (there is a plaque on a park bench)
12) To whom did the yellow house
(pictured in header) belong?
The bailiff, of the Kelsey Estate
13) What pattern is the
brickwork at the top of the cottages?
Check or chain
14) What was the trade of Andrew
15) What animal's head decorates
16) What sort of shop is Just
A Toy Shop
17) To whom is the Catholic
church dedicated and where did he come from?
St Edmund of Canterbury
18) What year did this park
19) What is the web address of
the company that supplied the playground equipment?
20) Which insect features at
Ladybirds - how many can you SPOT?
21) What is 'such a death' ?
Immortality, according to the inscription
Click here if you got all the answers correct
[Back to Quiz list]