ART DECO GALLERY
CINEMAS

Odeon Richmond Hill
Designed by Leathart & Granger with Egyptian style decorations on exterior

Odeon High Street Beckenham Kent
Designed by William Crombie in 1930. Renovated with stained glass and Art Deco mouldings. Decorative panels and metalwork in Screen 5.

Coronet John Wilson Street, Woolwich SE18
Built in 1937 it now serves a a church

Chelsea Cinema Kings Road SW3
Opened as the Gaumont Palace in 1934. Partly converted to a store in 1972 although it retained 739 seats. Faced with medallions including one to W Friese Greene inventor of celluloid film. Now a Habitat store.

london-footprints.co.uk 2004

[Art Deco Gallery contents] [Art Deco listing] [Art Deco trail]